Polk Audio SDA CRS+ 4.1TL Standard Modification

Parts List -
Tweeter Circuit -
Clarity Cap ESA Series
Mundorf Mox Resistors 10W

4.1TL Mod

Midbass Circuit -
Clarity Cap PX Series

SDA Circuit -
Solen PB Series

Upgrade Features -
99.99% Copper, Gold Plated, Insulated Binding Post



Price of Upgrade?
Please email for pricing, Vr3Mods@GMail.com
cache/wst.opf.2780170.xml

Learn more about Standard Mods, Click Here!


Thoughts from the customer?
"I got my crossovers back from the Vr3MxSTYLER2K3, and put in the dynamat, the new rdo198's, norez, and sealed all the drivers, tweeters, and passive radiator along with the binding board. It took longer than I thought it would, but that is because I was trying to be careful. I had to leave town after putting the speakers back together, but I left them on the whole time I was gone to get some extra burn time. They sound really really great, so I'm really excited to hear them get better. The friendly warnings from Nspindel about audible changes regarding the new crossovers were spot on, so I am comparing them in my mind to before I put in the rdo194's. The rdo198's immediately sounded better than the stock sl2000, but not so much the rdo194's, until I came back after a weekend away. The improvement is much better. At first, the tweeters were the show, with the mid drivers being subdued a lot. Now after four days, the improvement is steady. Some music really sounded small, but I decided to put in a loud action movie on day 3 to stretch the limits a bit. Everything is super clear, every word was more than audible, and the trebles were great. At moderate levels, the sound was in between good and average, but as I crank it, it gets much better. Last night I went back to music, and was getting back to the joy of listening to a spatial stage, but it wasn't back to the concert in the living room feel I had before the crossover change and when I had the rdo194's in. I'm really glad I had the warnings. Without them, and especially if I had done the crossovers myself, I would have gone a little mad at myself for screwing with something I shouldn't have. I checked my interconnect cord, because I was wondering if they were loose. It was fine, so I checked to make sure all drivers were working, and that everything was in correct phase, they were. I double checked how I put the crossovers back on the inductors. I found Toolfanforlife's thread where the pictures of the stock crossover were connected to the inductors. The front wire was connected to the left side, and the rear wire connected to the right. I don't know if it would make a difference anyway, but I wanted to make sure I had it connected right. It was. Although I resealed the drivers, the bass is there but much less pronounced. I'm assuming that is coming back with further burning. Eventually I'll put in the rings once I get my post count high enough, but I think next will be upgrading the inductors. I understand it will require further burning, but at least now I will get a taste of the improvement. This morning, day five, I was jamming out. My wife although super supportive, was not in a rocking great mood, so I put on some "tranquility" music from satellite, and she as well as the dogs loved the spa treatment feel filling the great room. When I left the house she was already walking around with a smile and a towel wrapped around her hair, and the dog was completely relaxed upside down on the couch. He really loves music now. The spatial feel is now coming back more and more. I am quite happy with the way it has improved already. The tweeters are now sounding more natural, and the mids are starting to produce more, and the passive radiator is producing more bass. For someone else not sure about doing the crossovers, have someone else do it. It was the right thing for me to do, as there is a learning curve and I didn't want to experiment with my crossovers. Everything else I can do myself, but the crossovers came back beautiful, and I know that they are done right. With the burn in period, I'm sure I would lose some sleep not knowing if I messed up or not. Plus, it was obvious that it was difficult to do without Gimpod's boards. I'm still amazed at how I went from cursing a storm up after dropping the speaker separating two drivers, to having a whole new outlook on my musical life by discovering I could upgrade and modernize my speakers. I'm also amazed how I went wondering if I was crazy to hold onto my speakers against the advice of others with modern electronics to knowing that I am not crazy and can do something about it and now really blow some minds with the amazing sound. It's really incredible, especially how Darqueknight using the schematics to make something Polk audio had not actually produced. I feel very humble and grateful for the pavework everyone has done and all the helping and sharing. I will add to this post later as the burn continues. So thanks again to all! ..... I had to leave town after putting the speakers back together, but I left them on the whole time I was gone to get some extra burn time. They sound really really great, so I'm really excited to hear them get better. As soon as I have some extra time I will give a good review, and then add later as they improve. I am a total newbie to modding these out, so it would be nice for another new person to see how it progresses. I'm still amazed at how I went from cursing a storm up after dropping the speaker separating two drivers, to having a whole new outlook on my musical life by discovering I could upgrade and modernize my speakers. It's really incredible, especially darqueknight using the schematics to make something polk audio had not actually produced. I feel very humble and grateful for the pavework everyone has done and all the helping and sharing. thanks a million, you did a superb job, definitely worth speaking out about on the forums." -Everett (Polk Audio SDA CRS+) 
Website Builder